The Chetwynd Municipal Airport which is centrally located within town boundaries is owned and operated by the District of Chetwynd. The airport not only supports vitally important services such as Air Ambulance, but also serves local business and industry and the local flying club.
The Runway at a length of 4481 feet is maintained by the municipal public works crews including snow removal during the winter months. Fuel available at the airport is privately operated – see the CFS for contact information.
Recent improvements include:
- The construction of a new terminal building
- The upgrade of 3 hazard beacons lights to LED technology that use 90% less power
- Continual fencing upgrades around the perimeter of the airport
- Establishment of a GNSS IFR Approach and Departure
- Installation of an Automated Weather Station (LWIS)