Regular Gym Hours
- Monday – Friday 6:30am – 9:30pm
- Saturday 10:00am – 5:30pm
- Sunday 10:00am – 5:30pm
After Hours card access available – please ask at the front desk for more information.
The revamped fitness centre opened July 1, 2010. It provides over 3500 square feet of floor space, accommodating 12 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, cross-trainers and bikes (LifeFitness). Many of the cardio-equipment have built in private TV’s. Bring your own earphones and watch your favorite tv show while you work-out!
There are 9 Hammer-Strength Stations. Hammer-Strength machines feature the most advanced strength training technologies.
The free-weight area has been expanded with new free weights, bench press, 4 benches and the popular Smith Machine.
A great addition is the Krank, a limited mobility machine ideal for those in a wheelchair or with limited mobility. As well there are 2 other machines (Dual Adjustable Pully & the Multi-Jungle) that can be adapted for limited motion, physical limitations and ideal for rehab patients.
If you are planning on using our gym, please take time to fill out the PAR-Q, PARMED-X or PARMED-Pregnancy form depending on your health status. These forms can be found on our website or pick up a copy from the reception desk. These forms will be kept in confidence and used with a fitness consultatant to assist in developing your fitness program and goals.
Fitness Room Policies
- Open to those 17 years of age and older
- Those youth 13-17 years of age may use the gym IF they are accompanied by a adult who is directly responsible for their well being and safety
- Those youth 13-17 years of age who have received fitness consultation with one of our trainers may access the gym once the trainer has signed off that they received adequate education in the gym
- Staff have been directed to stop any inappropriate behavior in the gym and facility
- Clean indoor shoes and appropriate attire (pants/shorts and a shirt) must be worn at all times
- Gym wipes are provided and we ask all users to wipe down equipment after use
- Music is not provided in the gym, however we welcome you to bring your own iPod or MP3
- Please return all weights to the appropriate rack when finished using
- Respect the Hammer Strength Equipment weight limits and remove all plates from use when done as many of our users cannot unload these heavy weights
- Dropping of heavy weights is not tolerated
- All users must check in at the front desk of the Pool or Rec Desk upon entering
- Day use lockers and washroom facilities are provided in the gym
- Anyone not following policies will be asked to leave and no refunds will be provided
We offer after hours access to the gym using a card system. Those interested can pick up a package to apply for access. Some of the requirements will be a membership to the gym and signing of a waiver. Give us a call at 250-788-2214 for more information.