British Columbia and Yukon high school students may use their Bronze Cross, Lifesaving Instructor and NLS certifications for credits toward high school graduation.
- Bronze Cross is worth 2 credits for Grade 11.
- Lifesaving Instructor + Bronze Cross is worth 3 credits for Grade 11.
- NLS is worth 2 credits for Grade 12.
- Students may only use these credits for the assigned grades [i.e.: students cannot combine both certifications towards one grade].
- The awards do not need to be current.
- If the student has already used Bronze Cross for 2 credits, then completes Lifesaving Instructor at a later date, they can replace the 2 credits from Bronze Cross with 3 credits for Lifesaving Instuctor and Bronze Cross combined.
- Students are asked to inform their school counsellor in charge of curriculum that they wish to use these certifications as part of the “External Credit Program.”
- Students will be asked to provide proof of their certification card(s).