Program is open to all elementary school students.
Swim@School is a participation-based program which offers swimming skills and water safety training to school aged children.
Swim@School can be offers as a stand-alone, water-based program, dry-land program or a combination of the two.
Benefits to the Public and to Authorized Providers:
- Swim@School is a new participation -based swimming and water safety training program designed specifically for the school lessons market. It is another way of marketing your Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety Programs and a great addition to your program line-up.
- Parents will like their children learning to swim or reinforcing previous or on-going learning in a scheduled swim lessons. Red Cross recommends parents enroll their kids in Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety lessons and look at Swim@School as an opportunity to practice swimming or reinforce water safety behavior
- Swim@School is built from the same philosophy that all Red Cross programs have; and is based on the research into where and why Canadians drown, and how to keep people safe in, on and around the water.
- Students will enjoy the fun, ability to swim with their school friends, and not sweating whether the “pass” – participation is success.
Swim@School has three modules:
- Covers basic swimming skills and progressions for learning to swim (i.e. front and back, etc.)
- Fitness component (endurance swim and kicking drills)
- Stroke development
- Skills and Safety– students learn how to be safe in the water through hands-on practice
- Safe boating, use of rescue equipment, (throwing assists, reaching assists, etc)
- Self-safety (entries into the water, ice rescue).
- Brain Games – Water safety information resource package for the classroom or dry-land setting
Participation record and Sticker
For more information or to ask questions, contact by email: email@example.com , Chetwynd Leisure Pool.