View recreation schedules
Director of Recreation
Manager of Leisure Services
Recreation Programs Manager
Ice & Hall Bookings
General Recreation Inquiries
Arena, Curling, Hall Rentals, Food Services, Court, Climbing Wall, Programs, Leisure Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Waterslide, Gym
250-788-2214, 250-788-2219 fax
The Chetwynd & District Recreation Complex is owned by the Peace River Regional District and operated and administered through an Operations Agreement by the District of Chetwynd. Our CAO of the District of Chetwynd is responsible to ensure the facilities are operated in accordance to the mandate set by the Civic Properties Commission.
The Civic Properties Commission is a group of volunteer elected officials, three representing Peace River Regional District Area, and three representing the District of Chetwynd who set mandate and govern operations of the Chetwynd & District Recreation Complex facilities.
Area E – Dan Rose, Larry Houley and Walter MacFarlane
District of Chetwynd – Allen Courtoreille, Clay Bassendowski and Janet Wark
The Civic Properties Commission meets the 4th Tuesday of each month and is open to the public. Anyone interested in attending a meeting should contact the Director of Parks & Recreation 250-788-2214 for meeting time and place. Letters can be addressed to Civic Properties Commission, Box 757, Chetwynd, BC, V0C 1J0.
- The aim of the Chetwynd & District Rec Centre is to:
- Offer recreational services to the community which are not being met by another business or interest group
- Act as a resource to the community
- Facilitate the development of clubs and organizations
- Provide the best quality recreational experience and service for children, youth, adults and families
The Chetwynd & District Rec Centre is committed to working with and for the community to deliver quality recreation programs and services to citizens of Chetwynd and surrounding area.
- To facilitate a balanced, diverse and quality system of leisure opportunities and services which must meet the needs and interests of all the community and surrounding area within the fiscal capabilities
- To provide a friendly and hospitable environment for all patrons and participants
- To foster community spirit and leadership through community involvement and participation in all aspects of the Recreation system
- To encourage development, coordination and cooperation amongst all public and private organizations and agencies in the delivery of leisure services and to support the integration of leisure and other human resources
- To enhance the quality of life, social well being, and sense of community through community participation in leisure programs
The goals in the delivery of the recreational services can continue to grow and change as the needs of the community and area grow and change.